Education. I earned Ph.D. in Information Technologies (2008), M.Sc. in Electronic Business (2005), and B.Sc. in Informatics (1998) from the University of Belgrade in Serbia.
Research experience. In November 2006, I joined Salzburg Research as a Researcher in the Knowledge and Media Technologies (KMT) group. In 2013, the research topics of the KMT group shifted in the direction of the Internet of Things (IoT), and I become a Senior Researcher in the IoT group.
In addition to research, I have eight (8) years of software development experience in banking industry, where, at first, I was an application developer (1998 – 2004), then a project manager (2004 – 2006). I was also an external lecturer at the Salzburg University of Applied Sciences (Fachhochschule Salzburg) teaching “Artificial Intelligence and Algorithmic Game Theory” (October/ November 2011), and “Game Theory for the Smart Grid” (in July 2013). From 2015, I’m an Expert Evaluator and Rapporteur for EU H2020 research programmes (e.g. Marie Skłodowska Curie Actions (MSCA)), helping European Commission in the assessment of scientific projects for funding applications (e.g. H2020-MSCA-ITN-2016, H2020-MSCA-IF-2016).
Research interests. My major research interests include cybersecurity for the IoT, strategic and behavioural Game Theory algorithms, while occasionally I’m working in the areas of Semantic Web and ontology engineering (active research areas in the period 2004 – 2013).
Research awards. My M.Sc. thesis, “Web Pedagogical Agents: A Touch of Web Intelligence”, was awarded with the 2005 Research Award from the Serbian Society for Informatics. In 2017, my research paper “Stackelberg Security Game for Optimizing Security of Federated IoT Platform Instances” received the Best Paper Award by the WASET Award Committee. In 2018, the paper “An Ontology Framework for Multisided Platform Interoperability” on which I was one the coauthors, received the Most Innovative Solution Award, from the I-ESA 2018 conference in Berlin.
Current projects. I’m currently working on the following projects:
- H2020 DT-ICT (Digital Manufacturing Platforms for Connected Smart Factories) project eFactory (European Connected Factory Platform for Agile Manufacturing)
- January 2019 – December 2021
- H2020 FoF (Factories of the Future) project NIMBLE (Collaboration Network for Industry, Manufacturing, Business and Logistics in Europe).
- October 2016 – September 2019
- leading Work Package WP6 on “Trust, Security, Privacy and Reputation” for digital manufacturing platforms
- project website: https://www.nimble-project.org/
- Austrian FFG/ bmvit (ICT of the Future) IoT4CPS (Trustworthy IoT for CPS)
- December 2017 – November 2020
- leading Work Package WP5 on “IoT Life Cycle Management”
- project website: https://iot4cps.at/ & https://www.salzburgresearch.at/en/projekt/iot4cps/
Past projects. I was contributing to several EU projects: FP7 EAGLE (Enhanced Government Learning), FP7 IP IKS (Interactive Knowledge Stack), FP7 INFRA AgINFRA, FP6 IP ImportNET, FP6 NoE ProLearn, and national Austrian projects, e.g. FFG GRISINO. The following Austrian national projects were coordinated by me during the period 2013-2015:
- FFG IKT der Zukunft (ICT of the Future) IoT4Industry (Secure, Privacy-preserving Agents for the Industrial Internet) (project website: https://iot4industry.salzburgresearch.at/) (October 2014 – September 2015)
- FFG IKT der Zukunft (ICT of the Future) UNDERSTANDER (September 2013 – August 2014)